Patrón is hosting a Day of the Dead Popup throughout Sydney, and we couldn’t be more thrilled. Day of the Dead is one of those Mexican festivals, like Cinco de Mayo, that the rest of the world has turned into a massive party. Inspired by the infamous celebrations in Oaxaca, Mexico City & San Miguel de Allende, the Patrón Day of the Dead Pop-Up transforms various venues into a slide of Mexico. Expect to find altars and art installations, mariachi bands, Aztec traditional dancers and beautiful decorative art and costumes. It’s all thanks to Patrón tequila.
The Plus Ones were on hand at Tatler for the launch of the Day of the Dead festivities. The cool, dark bar was the perfect setting for the kickoff. With a margarita on arrival, we watched the live performance by the Locoluna dance troupe. Face painters were on hand to transform partygoers’ faces into skulls. With DJs from Mexico City, and tacos & tostadas by Cartel Kitchen, the party just kept going. Delicious cocktails are on hand, prepared by the expert bartenders at each venue.
Best of all, there are many more days coming for you to explore Mexico!
Patrón Day Of The Dead Event Schedule:
- Monday 29th October: Patrón Day of the Dead Pop-Up Media Launch, Tatler
- Tuesday 30th October: Patrón Catrina Dinner Fiesta, The Rawson Bar
- Wednesday 31st October: Patrón Dia de los Muertos Dinner Fiesta, Rawson Bar
- Thursday 1st November: Patrón Calaca Secret Fiesta, The Rawson Bar
- Friday 2nd November: Patrón Day Of The Dead Cocktail Fiesta, Flamingo Lounge
- Saturday 3rd November: Patrón Dia De Los Muertos Manly Fiesta, Brklyn Manly
- Friday 2nd November: Patrón La Condesa Dinner Fiesta, Melbourne
- Saturday 3rd November: Patrón Oaxaca Warehouse Fiesta , Secret Warehouse Melbourne
Many of the days are sold out already (trust Sydneysiders to know how to party!), but you’re in luck: as of publication, there are still tickets available for a few of the nights. Make sure you say a big ‘gracias’ to Patrón for putting on such a great party for Sydney!
Co-founder of The Plus Ones, Theresa can’t wait for a return trip to Mexico in the future.
For tickets, visit www.patrondayofthedead.com.