Paris. London. New York. Milan. And…Melbourne.Just because we’re on the opposite side of the planet to the fashion capitals doesn’t mean we can’t put on a world-class Fashion Week.
Re-launched and re-vamped this year as the Virgin Australia Melbourne Fashion Festival (VAMFF), we have the lowdown on how to live your most stylish life — at least during the week the festival lasts.
The Plus Ones’ top five picks for the 2014 Melbourne Fashion Festival:
- Mon. 17 March: Opening Event with David Jones – the catwalk will be going crazy in front of 3,000 guests during the opening-night gala event ($79)
- Tues. 18 March: Memoirs of a Fictionatrix presented by Mimco – haven’t gotten your fill of runway shows after last night? Great, then you’ll want to head down to Mimco’s event ($50)
- Fri. 21 March: The Iconic Runway Presents River Island – the favourite of the British high street (and me, when I lived in the U.K.), River Island is gracing Australia’s shores. Plus, The Iconic debuts three-hour shipping in Melbourne ($25)
- Sat. 22 March: L’Oréal Paris & SHOP Til You Drop Beauty Workshop – tired of always hitting up the M.A.C. counter any time you want a makeover? Learn from the L’Oréal experts, and walk away with a $100 gift bag ($39)
- Sat. 22 March: The Boutique High Tea & The Boutique Edition Runway Show – what a fitting way to round off your stylish week, with an uber-fancy afternoon of high tea and a fashion show. That’s how you do it, ladies ($85)
Make sure to check out Time Out Melbourne and Voxfrocks‘ top picks, too, for additional events springing up all over. (Our standout: The Spirit of Fashion Illustration workshop with The Patsyfox Drawing Salon on the 15th.)
Last year, 380,000 people attended the festival. Will you be one of them in 2014?