The bushfires emergency across Australia continues on despite the best efforts of our courageous firefighters. Many in our communities have expressed their interest in offering assistance in this grave time of need.
The Plus Ones/The Socialites and Global Good team have curated a comprehensive list of ways you can contribute – be it through direct donation, by volunteering, opening up your home, or whilst dining and attending events.
If you’d like to donate your funds directly, there are a number of national as well as state appeals and organizations you can support directly.
- Celeste Barber Facebook Fundraiser
- CFA (Country Fire Authority)
- Fire Relief Fund for First Nations Communities
- Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal (FRRR)
- GiveNow: Relief and goods | Firefighters | Animals | Health | Climate
- National Bushfire Disaster Appeal
- Red Cross Disaster Relief and Recovery
- Rural Aid
- Salvation Army
- UNICEF Australia
- Vincent de Paul (Vinnies)
- Bendigo Bank Bushfires Disaster Appeal
- Gippsland Emergency Relief Fund
- Victorian Bushfire Appeal
- Victoria Country Fire Service
With nearly half a billion animals having now been casualties of the bushfires, supporting the welfare of those in the affected regions is now more important than ever. Below are a number of organizations who you can help do just that.
- Animals Australia
- Wildlife Information Rescue and Education Service (WIRES)
- Wildlife Preservation Society – QLD
- Fauna Rescue – SA
Thousands of buildings and homes have been destroyed by bushfires and many more evacuated. If you’ve got the space where you can host those with nowhere left to turn, you can register your home or apartment below.
- Tradies for the Bushfire Rebuild
- Tradies Truckers and Volunteers for Bushfires
- Tradies for Fire Affected Communities
- NSW RFS Volunteers
- VIC CFA Volunteers
- General Bushfire Volunteering Guidelines Nationally
A number of the below retailer and brands are donating either part or all of their profits from the month of January to support the bushfire victims.
- Buy From The Bush
- It’s My Shout –
- Spend With Them
- Cedar & Onyx
- Miss Lippy
- Ms Kensington
- Susan Driver
- Restated Vintage
- Hush Puppies Australia
- Sant and Abel
- Knots for Darling
- Print Safari
- Fashion Boundary
- Frank Body
- Noble Label
- Goldie + Ace
- Haus of Dizzy
- Mini Sandcrabs Australia
Whether you’re dining out or grabbing a drink with mates, you can support a number of bars and restaurants fundraising for the bushfires.
- Sydney and NSW Restaurants Raising Funds for Bushfires – Eat Street
- Melbourne Restaurants Raising Funds for Bushfires – Broadsheet
- Restaurants Australia-Wide Raising Funds for Bushfires – Gourmet Traveller
If you’re looking for something to do over the coming weeks, there are a number of events across Sydney and Melbourne, such as the Land Shants for Firies, which are supporting both relevant organizations and victims of bushfires.
- Beer For Bushfire Relief – The Crafty Pint (18 January 2020)
- Bushfire Relief Events – The Crafty Pint
- Melbourne Bushfire Fundraising Events – Time Out
- Bushfire Relief Event at Summertime Social (26 January – Federation Square): A jam-packed day of Aussie inspired fun and games. Proceeds from sales of the Relief Ale, Backyard BBQ and Games Lanes will be donated to the Warriors for Wildlife (www.summertimesocial.com.au)
- Bushfire Relief Fundraising Events – Time Out
- Sydney Bushfire Fundraising Events – Concrete Playground
- Australia Day Bushfire Appeal (London)