With Christmas just over two weeks away, it’s time to lock down those presents! Stuck for ideas? Let us help you out. I’ve put together a handy guide showcasing some of my favourite gift ideas of 2020. With something for everyone, you’re sure to find the right fit for you!
For the Foodies
I firmly believe in giving the gift of experience. For the foodies in your life, why not treat them to a yum cha at David’s? It’s fun, it’s delicious – and best of all, there are vegan options available.
If they’re one to stay in, you can’t go wrong with Oriental Teahouse’s dumpling kits!
For Happy Hour at Home
Who says you need to go out to have fun? Why not pick up a ‘happy hour at home’ kit for your loved ones?
We have two recommendations here:
- For the cocktail lovers, you can’t go wrong with The Cocktail Shop. With everything from negronis to (my personal favourite) espresso martinis, you’ll be set to make your own cocktails from home.
- For the winees, you can experiment at home with Misc Wines’ masterclass in a box. It’s a Masterclass that’s all about tasting different wines and developing your palette – a great gift idea!
For the Chocolate addicts
Give your loved ones (or yourself) a taste of all things merry with Koko Black’s classic Christmas collection of mixed chocolate favourites. With an assortment of festive blocks, bites, pencil tins and dotties to make Christmas wishes come true. You can visit a Koko Black store to pick these up until Xmas, or order online.
For the Bubble Tea lovers
If your loved one prefers bubble tea over drinks, I’ve got the perfect solution for you. The Bubble Tea Club specialises in home-delivered bubble tea kits. With a variety of tea flavours and toppings available, you won’t be left disappointed. Best of all, their kit ingredients are sourced from Taiwan, so you can be sure you’re getting the real deal – and without breaking your bank!
Considering which to pick up? I’d recommend the Original Milk Tea, the Taro Milk Tea, or the Mango Fruit Tea.
For the Movie Lovers
Fresh films in the fresh air: you can’t go wrong with a voucher for Lido Cinemas. I absolutely loved their summer outdoor experience – but if movies in the outdoors aren’t your style, their indoor movie seating is also running once more!
For anyone that needs to unwind
Kin North have been making considered experiences that bring people together like Pinot & Puzzles and their no phone, no work Community Gatherings. Allowing yourself to reconnect, reflect and restore is something I think any event lover needs once in a while. While their experiences are finished for the year, we love that we can bring a little of their magic into our own homes with Rituals for Remembering – a series of carefully considered gifts such as Japanese incense (we recommend ‘Home‘), linen house coats and Palo Santo Ritual sticks.
For those that like getting crafty
No matter what your craft of choice is, I’ve got you covered. Here are our top three, in no particular order:
- ClassBento’s workshops offer something for everyone. We absolutely adored their soy candle classes, but they have a variety of other options available too!
- Crock’d pottery kits are great for everyone: singles, couples, groups! Unwind, get creative and decompress with your friends and family.
- Last but not least: Magpiette’s DIY ring carving kit. This one was a favourite for sure: fun, easy to do, and rewarding. Their ring kit provides you with everything you could need to design and craft your own silver (or gold) ring – and once you’re done, you send your wax design back to them and they get it cast for you. A great option if you’d like to give jewellery as an experience!
Well, that’s it, folks. I hope some of those resonated with you, whether as a present for a loved one or a cheeky present for yourself. If they have, I’d love to hear it!
– Daniela and the Plus Ones Team
Daniela Koulikov is a freelance writer who loves movies, brunch and DIY kits. You can follow her at @danikoul.