The Australian Fashion Film Awards were an elegant, modern Venetian Carnival-themed affair.
Now in its second year, the AFFA was created to establish the profile of the fashion film industry in Australia in order to nurture and promote creatives within the fashion film industry. AFFA showcases independent filmmakers at curated independent and commercial films and is judges by a celebrity industry jury panel.
The awards are supported by industry heavy hitters including Screen Australia, the Australian Centre of the Moving Image (ACMI), as well as teaming up with national and global brands such as Qantas and Westfield.
Nominees for this year’s awards included Australian and international brands large and small including Paspaley, Bazaar, Vogue, The Woolmark Company, Cartier, Vogue Japan, Net a Porter in collaboration with Gucci, and sass and bide.
On one of the first truly steamy days of the Melbourne summer, drinks were quaffed to music by QLVN (Quetzal Guerrero) and VLESG (Les Gyori), both exceptional solo violinists playing enchanting compositions.
The night ended with goodie bags featuring C-Lab & Co. coffee scrub, footpetals, tan with KARORA, latest editions of Robb Report and Harper’s Bazaar, H2coco Pure Coconut Water, OPI nail polish, and notebooks from Cristina Re.
The winners of the Australian Fashion Film Awards 2016:
- Best Australian Film ‘Amante Amore’ by Radge Ratasphong for Sass and Bide
- Best Director ‘Behind The Lens’ by Ariel Kleiman for Paspaley
- Best styling ‘Gucci for Net-a-Porter’ Tracy Taylor by Tom Craig
- Best Effects ‘The Innovator’ by Damien Madden (Buck) for the Woolmark Company
- Best concept ‘Synchronicity’ by Ace Norton for Garrett Leight
- Best Music and sound ‘Amante Amore’ by Radge Ratasphong for Sass and Bide
- Best Makeup and hair ‘Three Women Arrive’ Daren Borthwick and Peter Beard by Marie Schuller and Gorkem Hayta
- Best International film ‘Paris Nouvelle Vague’ by Christian Larson for Cartier
- Best Emerging Label ‘How to pocket square’ by Tim Potter for Squeak Design
Congratulations to all of the winners!
Emmanuella is a leading voice and performance coach who has worked and trained internationally. She is passionate about performers in all fields including music, fashion and theatre.
Follow the Australian Fashion Film Awards on www.affawards.org.