Winter is coming — no, it’s here. And we have the pick of the best ten events that will keep you warm throughout the month of June.
- Queen Victoria Winter Night Market (Wednesdays in June) – We loved it last year. Smaller crowds than summer and plenty of mulled wine make this to go-to spot on Wednesday nights.
- Melbourne Chilli Festival (4 June) – Go for the food trucks, stay for the chilli-eating competition.
- TEDxStKilda (12 June) – It’s sold out, but get on the waiting list — or cross your fingers you’ll win their Instagram competition.
- Melbourne Cabaret Festival (14-26 June) – You can’t go wrong by catching any of the acts at this fun festival. Try some of the selections in our guide.
- Emerging Writers’ Festival (14-24 June) – Take a look at the lineup. With events like The Boon Companions’ (our favourites) 1930s literary event, there’s surely something to tempt you here.
- Truffle Melbourne (17-18 June) – It’s the largest truffle festival outside of Europe, and for two days it’s taking over Prahran Market.
- Game of Rhones (18 June) – Any wine festival that encourages its vendors to dress as Game of Thrones characters is bound to become one of our top picks each year.
- National Trust 1950s Pop-Up Bar (24 June) – We adore the National Trust’s pop-up bars. Add The Dressmaker exhibition into the mix and you have yourself a winner.
- Aquarium After Dark (24 June) – It sold out in May, and will no doubt do so again. When else can you party in an aquarium?
- Melbourne Magic Festival (27 June-9 July) – This delightful festival takes over the Northcote Town Hall and segues us right into July.
There you have it, folks. Not a week without some fun happening in Melbourne — which is why we love telling you about everything that’s going on.